|The Westfield Theatre Group is a department of the Westfield Woman's Club. Located at 28 Court Street in Westfield, the theatre group has been in existence for over 80 years. The purpose of the Westfield Theatre Group is twofold: to provide quality live theater to the community and to encourage members of the community to participate in our productions to learn more about theater. more info >>|
|The next event at WTG will be an Evening of One-Acts, featuring a variety of one-act plays by several local directors. These shows will run for two weekends: June 14, 15, 21 & 22 at 7:30, plus matinees both Saturdays at 2:00 p.m.|
After a fun and successful run of our Christmas show "Holiday Spirit", we had a blast with our Spring production of GODSPELL.
As the 2013 WTG season continues, we will be putting on an original musical production from Kathleen Palmer (author/director) and Marion Dunk (composer/music director) of DRACULA. Show dates will be October 25, 26, November 1 & 2 at 8:00 with a 2:00 matinee on November 2, 2013.
Interested in Auditioning? Here is a list of the Characters!
Adult Male Roles
1. Count Dracula: (Pronounced Drac oo la): Suave, handsome, dark, villain extraordinaire, several solos
2. Jonathan Harker: Can be twenties or thirties, solicitor, husband of Mina (Wilhelmina) Murray, several solos
3. Dr. John Seward: Can be twenty and up; runs an insane asylum (located next door to Dracula's mansion) Was in love with Lucy Westenra, several duets as well as solo lines
4. Quincy P. Morris: Twenties and up. Quintessential Texas cowboy. Friend to Harker and Seward; also had been in love with Lucy, several duets, as well as solo lines
5. Arthur Holmwood (Lord Godalming); engaged to marry Lucy Westenra, several duets, as well as solo lines
6. Abraham Van Helsing; preferably forties and up. Dutch physician and scientist; Former teacher of Seward's; speaks with an accent, solos
7. R.M. Renfield: preferably 40's and up; Dracula's messenger, becomes inmate of Dr. Seward's hospital; believes eating flies (living organisms) will prolong life, duet
8. Peter Hawkins, solicitor for whom Jonathan works, older than Jonathan. duet
Adult Female Roles
1.Cneajna, older, mysterious woman, over the top
2.Lucy Westenra; twenties or thirties; lovely, coquettish, fiancé to Arthur; becomes a vampire, solo
3.Wilhemina Murray; twenties or thirties; wife of Jonathan Harker; ladylike, solo
4. Mrs. Winifred Westenra; forties and up; mother to Lucy Westenra,
5.Adriana (means dark) wanton "bride of Dracula" , very attractive, trio number
6. Mara (means bitter) see above,trio number
7. Ilona (blond)- the original bride, trio number
8. Alice, the Maid for WESTENRA'S Home, not age specific
Ensemble Roles (Roles that appear in only one scene. May be doubled) All sing
Elga, owner of the Golden Krone Hotel
Villagers in Golden Krone - 8 male or female
2 Nurses in St. Mary's Hospital (Act I, Scene 4) - 2 females (Sisters Agatha and Margaret
Sam, the man who delivered the caskets. Act 2, solo
Zylphia, housekeeper or Maid for Dr. Seward
Henry, attendant in Purrfleet Asylum
Newspaper readers (5), adults or children, chorus song
-At least 8, male or female and children
Down at the Theatre...We have completed a fun and successful run of GODSPELL! The cast and crew did an outstanding job retelling this infamous story and created something inspiring that had the audience tapping their toes and clapping their hands! Congrats Cast & Crew!
What's Going On?
Announcing Reserved Seating!Westfield Theatre Group is happy to announce a Reserved Seating option!
The new reserved seating will be offered for floor level seats during all performances. Reserved Seating is only available for tickets purchased in advance. Tickets can be purchased at the box office located in the lobby of the Westfield Woman's Club building at 28 Court Street.
Ticket prices will be the same low price as general admission seating, $15 for adults and $12 for students, seniors and military.
The box office will be open to reserve your "best seat in the house...dates and time will be announced with each show!
General admission tickets can still be reserved in advance from our Reservations Page.